Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Expectations

Rampant thoughts 
My mind whispered 
"Shouldn't she?"
"Shouldn't he?"
"Why did she?" 
"Why didn't she?" 
"But I thought..."
"I hurt." 
"She knew but she did it anyway" 
"He said but he didn't" 
So many whys 
No reason no rhyme

Anger, rage, sadness, jealousy 
Marched across my furrowed brow 
Demons battling before my eyes 
Always asking why 
Tossing and turning 
Twisted bedsheets 
Strangled pillows 
Tears streaking silver down the planes of my cheeks 
Gentle floods 

The Stars beckoned 
While the dawn whispered 
After a torrid night of ill-rest 
Light as a feather 
Dust mites streamed across 
My mussed hair 

My eyes refused to open 
Even as my mind revved with hope 
But why hope
With no answers 
Or were the answers within me 
All along 
Was I the cause and the solution 
Right from the start 
Perhaps 
That was the hope 
I was my hope 



No comments:

Post a Comment